Sunday 19 July 2009

The Pick of the Litter


So I finally made up my mind on Friday morning.


This is the one we chose.


So having chosen her we are now able to visit as often as we like until we have a home visit and once this has been completed we can then take her home.
We have an adoption fee to pay but this covers, worming, flea treatment, full health check and microchipping.
We were asked if I wanted her AIDS checked and to see if she had leukaemia. If these test prove positive the cat would have to be put to sleep immediately. Having just found a lovely cat I didn't want to have to go through the heartache of possibly losing her immediately so I chose to take the risk and rehome her without the tests.
What will be will be.
I had no idea there was so much to adopting a rescue cat and this experience is certainly opening my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment