Sunday 19 July 2009

The Adoption Process



After choosing the cat we telephoned the RSPCA centre to let them know which cat we had chosen. As soon as we did this our cat was reserved for us.




We then had to visit the centre and complete an adoption form. This didn't take long a couple of pages of information. Once this was completed we went back to visit the cat.




Desmond was also awake at the time we went to visit and this really pulled at my heart strings. Luckily a member of staff arrived just at this moment. She could see the dilemma I was in. When she heard our decision she said we had made the better choice from their point of view. Why? The cat we have chosen is tempremental and needs to have fuss on her terms rather than just be picked up and fussed at any time. This is not a problem to me as I am used to cats.




So we fussed our chosen cat and left. I was a bit upset at leaving her behind. The staff informed us we can visit her at any time we like.




Now we are awaiting our home visit.

As you can see we are prepared with pet bowls. I know they are blue and the cat is female but I am sure she won't mind.

We are also awaiting a cat scratching post to arrive and this comes complete with a base and a platform for the cat to sit on and feel on top of the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment