Saturday 22 August 2009

A month in my new home already

It is four weeks ago today when I was collected in my pet carrier from the RSPCA centre and what a month this has been. I have been really good and I think my new parents are proud and happy with me.

I have all the comforts I put possibly want plus my lovely new toy which I sleep on mostly. My favourite game is to lie across the stairs and see whether I can bop them with my paws.

My other favourite place to sleep is right across the bedroom doorway. Here I can see everything that is going on including the post arriving.

Today mum let me out for the first time since I arrived. I think she was more worried than I. I crept slowly to the front door then lifted my paws over the doorway and turned to the left where a lovely neighbour lives. I didn't stay out for long and ventured back in again.

This afternoon after the stair carpet had been fitted I begged to go out. I really wish I hadn't I came across a neighbour's cat. So I drew myself up as large as I could to intimidate her. She was submissive and I ventured forth to say hello. She mewed at me so I ventured closer. She took no notice so I turned my back to head home. That was a big mistake. She chased me to the front door along with her claws digging in my side. Luckily mum had left the door open for me and was waiting for my return. As soon as she saw the other cat she shooed her from the front door so I felt protected once more.

So I sat on the stairs licking my sides which are a little bit sore. Mum has tended to me very well. I have already been fed and now I am off to sleep in my favourite spot. The second layer of my new toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment